Unagi Rice Bowl
- 1 pc unagi kabayaki fillet
- 1 cup Japanese short-grain rice
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pc small cucumber sliced
- 1 pc small avocado sliced
- 1 bowl nori seaweed cut into thin strips
- 1 pinch Toasted sesame seeds garnishing
- 1 pc green onion garnishing
- Rinse the rice in cold water until the water runs clear, then drain the rice in a fine-mesh sieve.
- Add the rice and water to a medium-sized pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Let the rice cook for 15-20 minutes until the water has been fully absorbed.
- In a small saucepan, mix together the soy sauce and sugar. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the Kanika Unagi Kabayaki fillet to the saucepan and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove it from the heat and let it sit covered for 10 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, heat up the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the cooked rice to the pan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until it starts to brown slightly.
- In a serving bowl, add the stir-fried rice and top it with slices of cucumber, avocado, and Nori seaweed.
- Remove the Unagi Kabayaki fillet from the saucepan and place it on top of the rice.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the Unagi Kabayaki fillet and rice.
- Garnish the dish with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious Unagi Rice Bowl made with Kanika Unagi Kabayaki!