Creamy Carbonara Udon with Meat
🍝 Looking to elevate your pasta game with an Asian twist? You're in for a treat! Join us as we whip up a delectable fusion dish: Creamy Udon Carbonara. It's a delightful blend of Italian and Japanese flavours that will leave you craving for more.🍜 Udon noodles, renowned for their chewy texture, take the place of traditional spaghetti in this inventive Carbonara recipe. The creamy sauce, enriched with egg yolks and Parmesan cheese, marries perfectly with the umami of crispy bacon and the unique character of udon noodles
- 1 pc fresh udon Kanika brand
- 1 pc chicken breast bite-sized strips
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 pc onion strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp Japanese soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 pc egg yolk
- add pinch salt for taste
- add pinch pepper for taste
- add pinch basil for taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook udon noodle. Drain the cooked udon noodles in a bowl.
- Heat some olive oil in a skillet and add the minced garlic, striped onion, chicken bites and butter.
- Season with salt, pepper, Japanese soy sauce and cook until the chicken bites is fully cooked and golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the warm udon noodles and toss with the chicken bites until fully incorporated.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of the heavy cream until creamy and some grated mozzarella cheese.
- Serve immediately with extra mozzarella cheese, garnish with fresh basil and an egg yolk.