Japanese Curry Udon with Chicken
🍛This comforting Japanese dish combines silky udon noodles with a rich and aromatic curry broth that will leave your taste buds dancing.🍜 Curry Udon is the perfect blend of Japanese and Indian culinary influences. In this video, we'll show you how to make a creamy and fragrant curry broth that's simmered to perfection, along with tips on achieving that ideal noodle texture.
- 1 pc fresh udon mee Kanika brand
- 1 block jap curry Kanika brand
- 1 pc chicken breast dice
- 1/2 pc potato dice
- 1/2 pc carrot dice
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 pc onion strips
- 1 chopped spring onion
- 4 tbsp tsuyu sauce
- Cut the vegetables into chunks: To make your Curry Udon, start by cutting the onion, potato and carrot into small chunks before adding them to a pan filled with 120ml water per curry roux block.
- Simmer the vegetables: Bring the water to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables soften.
- Add the curry roux: Add 1 block of curry roux (depending on quantity of water) to the pot and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Keep stirring until the curry sauce is thick and smooth.
- Prepare the noodle soup: Add 4 tablespoons of tsuyu sauce to 400 ml water and boil in a separate pan to make the noodle soup.
- Boil the udon noodles: Boil the udon noodles in hot water for a few minutes before draining well in a colander.
- Garnish and serve: Place your cooked udon noodles in a bowl, add the noodle soup and then your curry sauce on top. Finally, garnish with sliced spring onion and serve immediately.